Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

On Wed, 6 Aug 1997, Scott D Fybush wrote:

> And whether you like what they're programming or not, I think you have
> to give them credit for being shrewd broadcasters, not just on the
> business and programming ends, but also in terms of respecting history --
> look at how they always bring back the original calls (or as close as
> they can get) when they buy historic stations (witness AM 1300 Seattle,
> ex-KOL, later KMPS, and now KKOL under Salem ownership!)

Well, they didn't do that with WEZE and WPZE.  But maybe that means they
won't change the call of WNEB.

Why couldn't they get back the KOL call?  I thought stations which had a
three-letter call and changed it can get it back.

> Hmmm...maybe Donna, Dan, and I should start our own religious
> broadcasting company ("Swampscott Broadcasting"?)

Is it too late to buy WNEB from Bob?

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/