Re: X'mitter sites.......

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, PETER GEORGE, N1GGP wrote:

> The only good
> thing about Channel 6 was when I was 10 or so, Channel 6 had the ABC
> affiliation and of course the audio portion of WTEV was readily available
> on any FM radio.

When I was a teenager in Bedford, before WTEV came on the air, I
discovered that I could get channel 6, WCSH-TV, from Portland, Maine on my
FM radio.  What surprised me was that I could pick it up on a fairly cheap
FM radio, even though we couldn't get it on the TV (Actually, we used to
get it on the TV, before channel 5 came on the air, but not after.).  I
used to like to listen to Channel 6 in Portland on Saturday morning, when
they carried reruns of Space Patrol, an old favorite of mine from the
early 50s.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/