Re: WNFT simulcasting WAAF again?

<<On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:31:31 +0000, Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net> said:

> My theory do jour on WNFT is that it will continue to //WAAF until ARS can
> move the WAAF TX to the Channel 27 tower (in Hudson, is it?) to improve the
> signal in Boston. Garrett Wollman and Scott Fybush have speculated about a
> WAAF TX move. It appears to be in the works, though ARS has not yet applied
> for it.

Actually, they have applied for something, but that application has
yet to be accepted for filing (probably it's being held pending the
completion of engineering work for WERZ), so we don't quite know what
it was.  We just took ARS's known desire to move that station into
Boston, combined with our knowledge of the available tall towers in
the metro-west area (assuming that they can't build a new one, which
seems pretty reasonable), and came up with those two possibilities.
Currently WERZ is just a hair over 70 air miles from Paxton; I don't
know about WFHN.

Hudson is the channel 66 tower.  The WUNI/WICN tower is in West
Boylston.

- -GAWollman

- --