Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Although the programming might indeed offend WEVD's audience, I don't think
> the station could go beyond reasoning with the origanization in its attempts
> to get them not to run the programs on WEVD. If time were available and the
> station simply refused to accept the programs, I believe that the station
> would be in for a court battle and, very likely, would lose its license.

Quite the contrary.  I think the courts would uphold the right of the
station to refuse to run programs that don't fit its format.  Can Rush
Limbaugh force stations to carry his program against their will?

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/