Color in Boston

I think that I can narrow down the color in Boston issue even more.....

We got our first color set in June of 66.  We went to Florida in February of
67, during February school vacation.  When we left WBZ-TV was still doing
the local news (Eyewitness News) in black & white.  When we returned
from vacation (a day or two after Washington's birthday, 67) we turned on the
TV and were astonished to find the news was now in color - with a bright
blue background on the set and all these little "4"'s in a slightly deeper blue
glued on the backdrop.

As I recall, "newsfilm" was still black & white for local stories though.

- -gary francis