First in color in Boston ?

     I am well aware that WHDH-TV/Channel 5 was the first TV station to
provide full local color in first few years of its' very short life.  I
recall that WBZ-TV still had "Boomtown" in black and white until the
later part of 1968.  I recall watching the "Mr. Magoo" and "Davey and
Goliath" cartoons in color and the local portion of "Boomtown" would go
back into black and white.  Was WBZ-TV the first station to do any color
(local or network) or was WHDH-TV the first.  I am sure Channel 7 was a
late bloomer.  I do recall they had "Captain America" local and in color
in 1967.
    Channel 2 (BTW) went color in September, 1967 as did Channel 44 when
that station signed-on.

     Any thoughts ?

- -Pete-

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
33 Stetson St., Apt. 2                  *                  +
Whitman, Massachusetts  02382           *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                +\|/+
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *               + \|/ +
W221AG@hotmail.com (my FM translator)   *               + \|/ +