Re: Hotlining jocks (was Re: bathroom problems)

Steve wrote--
>What could be so earth-shatteringly important that the consultant or PD
>would feel the need to hotline the jock in the middle of their show?  The
>only excuse I can think of would be doing something to put the station's
>license in jeopardy.  Is this practice still around today?  I've never
>worked at a station where they even HAD a hotline.

Back then, Drake top-40 was known to be a high-pressure environment.  It
paid well, but the PD or consultant was all over you like a cheap suit if
you deviated in the slightest way from the format, talked too long, made a
mistake in reading something-- whatever.  I gather you eventually got used
to it-- or you got fired.  There was a lot of turnover in some dayparts...