Re: WCCM to be sold...

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> What a stupid public-relations statement! Yes, WNNW is more powerful. But
> WCCM has the better signal in Lawrence because if WNNW operates legally and
> directionalizes as it's supposed to, most of its signal goes north away from
> the Hispanic population in Lawrence. Also, WCCM operates fulltime, whereas
> WNNW is a daytimer.

When did WCCM become full time?  I remember it as a daytimer, back when I
was growing up in Bedford.  I don't think I've listened to them in years.
I probably can't get them in Brookline.

Back around 1960 or 61 or so, when WCCM's FM station at 93.7 came on the
air (originally called WGHJ, later WCCM-FM), they were simulcasting the AM
and signing off on FM at the same time as the AM sign off.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/