WICE

The melodramatic newscaster on WICE in the late 60's was Charles Scovile.I
last heard him on WGNG in the late 70's I believe. WPRO may have a bigger
signal and Salty; but I always preferred WICE. The WPRO jocks tended to talk
too much and only had a top 30 playlist while WICE played a top 40 to go with
it's much tighter format.I haven't heard Joe Thomas since he was on WJAR
sometime in the late 70's or early 80's.Regarding WMEX and their 50000
watts;it ocurred sometime around 69 or 70.They were still playing rock and
roll but the jocks were no longer screaming and the station was referring to
itself as the Human Thing.Unfortunately they were still reducing power to
5000 watts at night.As I recall  WNLC was the reason that they could  not run
50 kw at night.