Re: "Sales Person Wanted"

BUMP MARTIN said:

> If a station finds it so hard to hire and retain good
> salespeople...I always think there has to be a problem somewhere
> below the surface....

This has parallels in other industries.  A couple of weeks ago the
Portland Press Herald ran a story about the hospitality industry in
York County stating, in part, that businesses looking for workers had
stopped posting "Help Wanted" signs because managers feared
advertising their labor shortages would scare away would-be guests.
And hasn't anyone who's set foot in a Circuit City wondered about the
perpetual recruiting of salespeople?  Radio is hardly unique.

Take care,

Chris, who is *not* looking for a sales job, thank you! :)