Re: MESSAGE ID: 1EC610858

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 NORIAC@alpha2.mln.lib.ma.us wrote:

> Perhaps Donna Halper or A. Joseph Ross might be able to fill-in the story
>  about WMEX getting 50,000 watts day (and building their third tower)
>  and WNLC moving to 1510, including dates that these things all happened.

In the late 1960s, when I was in law school at B.U., I sometimes used to
wander over to the Mugar library (for a break from the law library) and
read Broadcasting magazine (as it was then called).  I remember reading
about WMEX's application for 50,000 watts, but I don't remember ever
knowing that they had actually built it.  I remember hoping that the power
increase would improve WMEX reception in Bedford at night.  But I don't
recall whether the power increase actually took effect before the
station's format was changed and I stopped listening.

When was the format change anyway?  Wasn't the format changed some time
before the call letter change?

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/