Re: Providence jocks

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 jwc@travelin.com wrote:

> Sorry to say that Mike Sands was killed in an auto accident a few years
> back.  He worked at WICE for a number of years, first as Mike "Surfer"
> Sands doing nights, then for a while he did morning drive.  When WICE

  Anybody remember who the newsman was at WICE that made every newscast
seem like the end of the world was near? (He was there during the glory
years in the mid 60's)

  One recollection I have though is that the kids in Rhode Island given a
choice would listen to the New York AM's (WMCA,WABC) instead of the
Providence stations. I recall that WPRO had a night time jock (Joe
Thomas?) who was hated by people I knew down there.