NERW Update 7/28

A few quick updates...details to follow on Thursday:

*WDCZ Rochester began operating on 990 last Friday morning.  Programming
is a straight simulcast of WDCZ-FM 102.7 Webster-Rochester; a lot of
preachers and some Christian Contemporary music.  So much for the DX...

*WYSL Avon has moved from 1030 to 1040, but is still operating as a
daytimer while work continues on the phasor for nighttime DA.  I believe
they're using either 250 or 500 watts ND on 1040 in the meantime;
they'll be 2500 watts DA day when it's finished.

*Our condolences to the family of Kirby Perkins, the WCVB reporter
who passed away Thursday night.  He was one of the very best in the
region, and he'll be deeply missed.

*Friday August 1 is the scheduled sign-on date for WWLA (Channel 35)
Lewiston ME (it's already testing with bars) and WFFF (Channel 44) Burlington
VT.  NERW is eager to hear from anyone who might be able to tape the
sign-ons of these two stations for us...trades or blank tape/postage
can be provided!

See you Thursday...

- -=Scott Fybush - fybush@world.std.com=-