Re: Lowell Folk Festival

Bill is right about the lack of acknowledgement for radio, although if you
were at the event, you did see some radio presence-- but not what I would
have expected.  I was there yesterday (Sunday), and on one stage, a fairly
good klezmer band was performing (smaller crowds yesterday than expected, I
was told-- there were not as many people for the festival as in years past)
next to a large WCAP banner, but I did not see their mobile studio-- which I
did see at previous folk festivals.  Bill does raise a good point-- most AMs
are now ethnic on weekends and this makes coverage of local events more
difficult...
Personally, I love the festival and the various types of music do appeal to
a wide range of people.  But with local AM involvement somewhat limited
(years ago, such festivals would have been a BIG event and an opportunity to
send a well known d.j. to hand out bumper stickers, t-shirts, whatever), I'm
glad anyone from radio was there at all, even if just to put up a banner
and/or broadcast some of the concerts...  the Cajun band was really good
too.  It was was always a fine way to spend the day-- I wonder why
attendance was down...