Re: the last word (I hope) on WNAC / WLAW / WVDA

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> WLAW and WLAW-FM/ Hildreth & Rogers Co., granted transfer of control from
> Irving E. Rogers, individually and as trustee for Irving E. Rogers Jr.,
> Alexander H. Rogers II, and Allen B. Rogers to General Teleradio for
> $475,000.  Assignment of license from Hildreth & Rogers Co. to General
> Teleradio also approved.
>
> WNAC Boston/ General Teleradio granted assignment of license to Vic Diehm
> Assoc. Inc. for $120,000.  General Teleradio, which acquires WLAW (se above)
> retains WNAC-FM and WNAC-TV.  Diehm group will re-name WNAC with new call of
> WVDA, and General Teleradio will rename WLAW with call of WNAC.  Approved
> June 10th.

Well, I guess that settles it.  If following the license is the criterion,
WRKO is the descendent of WLAW, and WPZE is the descendent of WNAC.

But I must confess I don't like the result.  Maybe this does call for an
exception to the rule.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/