WBZ-TV confusion

I asked Gordon Swan why the June 9th date is often mentioned as when WBZ
went on the air from their new studios when in fact the new studios weren't
ready for another week.  He sent me a clipping that explained it.  It turns
out Westinghouse had arranged a giant photo opportunity under the assumption
the new studios would be ready.  They weren't, but rather than call off the
media, who were naturally reticent to cover TV anyway, the management held
an opening tour of the new facility and some film of it was shot, to be used
later.  This left the impression that a broadcast did occur from WBZ's new
studios-- well, it sort of did, if you count a filmed tour of the one room
that was ready...