Re: more WNAC / WLAW / WVDA

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Scott D Fybush wrote:

> In any event, everything I've seen about this move, both internal and
> external (and I hope Donna can back me up on this!) makes it clear
> that WBZ really did move from Springfield to Boston (and has a clear
> line of descent to today's 1030), while WBZA moved from Boston to
> Springfield and died in 1962.

Well, I guess that settles that one!

> Now...how do we all feel about the 1994 WEEI/WHDH/WBNW 590/850 swap? :-)

I think the Archives has that right.  The station that used to be WHDH
changed its call to WEEI and took over the programming that had been on
WEEI 590.  Meanwhile, WEEI 590 became WBNW.

Now, is WKLB-FM a descendant of WBCS or is it a descendant of WKLB-FM
105.7?  <GGG>

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/