RE: Hello and Help!

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, MATT   SOBOLEWSKI wrote:

> The calls for the Newburyport station actually changed twice. The
> frequency was changed once as well.  The original WNBP was a daytimer
> on 1470 built in 1957 by Ted Feinstein of WLYN.  In 1984 the station
> became WCEA and moved to 1450.  In 1987 when the station was bought
> by Ted Larson formerly of WBZ... (aka Thorvold Lorentzen)... the
> calls were changed to WNCG.  In 1991 the calls were returned to WNBP
> by present owner Win Damon.

WNBP is a logical call for a Newburyport station.  I can't imagine what
those other calls stood for.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/