WPZE / WEZE

> From: Mark Shneyder            \ Internet:    (mshbc@bu.edu)

> WPZE-WEZE management has confirmed the sale of AM 1260 (they still
refuse to
> name the buyer, though; The Herald named Craven & Thompson
Communications out
> of Philadelphia as the new owner).

And no one knows anything about this new owner?  (Maybe no one cares!)
BTW...I thought someone on the list listed CBS/Westinghouse/Infinity as
the suitor for 1260AM.

> One has to question whether Salem's original
> intention all long was to move the calls(WEZE) and format to a new
> frequency(590) which would improve the coverage and not have 1260-590
under the
> same roof.

For a religious owner to own TWO AM's and do RELIGION on both of them...
.Makes no sense at all.  They appear to be competing with themselves...

>  Kind of makes you wonder if Salem will still try to acquire an FM
> around these parts....

That would be the only logical way for them to compliment their AM
property...

> Reportedly, ad advertising agency will begin operating inside WEZE's
studios in
> Quincy very shortly.

Where will WEZE and WPZE operate from then...???

On another note....Even with the call letter/frequency switch....I
noticed that one of the stations dropped out of the last ratings.  Only
WEZE got listed....wether it be at 1260AM or 590AM in the listeners mind
.

So basically, another facility dropped off the end of the map...