Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/17:

On 21 July 1997 at 12:03 a.m., you wrote:

>After WCOP flipped to a different
>format, WKBR was the only station with a local signal that played top 40
>music after 10 PM (WMEX had Jerry Williams and WBZ had Bob Kennedy.).

I really wish I was alive back then. I would love to be able to hear some
of that radio from the 1950s, as Top 40 radio back then was really Top 40
radio and there were some genuine personalities on the air everywhere. Of
course, these people had training grounds to develop some of their schtick,
something which they do not have now with all of these suburban stations
going satellite. A good reason why we need to bring back Class D and start
up some smaller stations. A minor leagues of sorts. (Editorial ended.)

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net