Re: Fwd: Re: TV locations

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> I _like_ that explanation because, in a post earlier this week, I was trying
> to say that I though that was what happened to WLAW AM. I was kind of
> shouted down by other members of this group, however. Several posters
> insisted that the WLAW AM license was turned back to the FCC and that WVDA
> was a new station. My suspicion was that WVDA was actually a continuation of
> WLAW's AM license (and, of course, WLAW's Boston studios and the old WNAC
> transmitter and frequency). If that _is_ the case, by the way this group
> reckons things, WPZE will be celebrating its 60th anniversary in 1999.

Whether WVDA took over Boston studios of WLAW is a new issue that hasn't
been discussed before.  How about it, Donna?

However, it seems to have been well established that WVDA was =not= a
continuation of the WLAW license.  Even if it were, it is doubtful that
WPZE would celebrate its 60th anniversary in 1999, even if it were
entitled to do so.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/