Re: History Timelines etc

At 01:12 AM 7/17/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I don't care if a private company wastes money (ande
>lots of them do) because I don't have to help pay the bill.  (Unless I'm a
>stockholder.)

Or a customer--or, for that matter, a customer of their competition.
Although the stockholders sometimes pay, the customers usually do--through
price increases. And when one supplier of a product raises _its_ prices, it
often encourages competitors to do likewise. Sure, capitalism is the
greatest economic system ever conceived, but it's NOT as benign as you would
like to believe it is!

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205