Re: License plates

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Are the WSNY calls back in the Capital district? Back in the mid '50s, 1240
> in Schenectady was a great little operation! Technically, I think it was
> held together with flypaper and chewing gum, but they had some great on-air
> talent and _tons_ of very neat, locally produced commercials.

What I remember about WSNY is that I was surprised to discover it, since
it wasn't ever mentioned in the newspaper.  The Times-Union at that time
purported to carry listings for all the radio stations, including WHUC in
Hudson and WHAZ, neither of which I ever managed to hear.  And there, for
some reason, was a station in Schenectady that never was part of the
newspaper listings!

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/