WHRR-FM 102.9 Dennysville, Maine

At the end of this week's LTAR, it was mentioned that a CP had been issued
for WHRR Dennysville.  To answer a question that came up on the show,
Dennysville is in Washington County in far eastern Maine.  It is near Calais
and Lubec, which is the most eastern point in the US.

The other question that came up is if the station is too close to 102.9 WBLM
Portland since both stations are 100,000 watts.  I don't know anything about
the technical aspects of this but I asume that it is not a problem or
Fuller/Jefferies that owns WBLM would have rasied an objection.  WBLM's
signal barely gets to Bangor.  My estimate is that Dennysville is about 200
miles away from WBLM's tower, which I think is in Raymond.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows how far apart two 100,000
watt FM stations on the same frequency need to be?

I am going to Washington County this week and will report in anything
interesting I hear on the dial.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine