Must carry

Can someone give me the details of the must carry rule for cable TV systems
in regards to low power TV stations?

The reason I ask is there is a new UPN station going on the air on Channel 35
in Portland on August 1 and I was wondering is my local cable system,
headquartered in Brunswick about 30 miles from Portland, would be required to
carry it?

I suspect the system would want to carry the station anyway, and will
probably follow the lead of the Time-Warner system that covers Greater
Portland and drop WSBK to make room since the new station will run the same
UPN programming as Channel 38, plus be the Portland station for the Red Sox,
Bruins and Celtics.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine