Re: How do you get a diary? (Was: Ethnic Radio)

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> I'm so fed up with radio lately that I mainly play tapes in my car...
> sometimes I listen to WBZ and count the number of mistakes... <g>

  I have never believed in ratings since I saw first hand how they can be
"tainted".
  In the late 1950's, my mother got a part time job for one of the rating
services in which they would send her lists of phone numbers to call, and
she would ask people if and what they were watching. One Saturday
afternoon, of the people she called that were watching television, they
were all watching wrestling on Channel 4. She felt so sorry for the Red
Sox, that  she changed Channel 4 to Channel 5.

  Footnote, wrestling was moved away from the Sox games 2 months
later..... (shrug)