Re: Trip to Western Mass

'A. Joseph Ross' wrote:

> I returned to WNEB and stayed on it for awhile.  Eventually, I found
> WDRC-FM in Hartford, "Big D 102.9".  They're playing an oldies format, but
> it sounded like they were playing a lot more of the oldies I like than
> WODS does.  I don't know whether this is a regular thing or was just
> because they were having a "50s weekend."  But I liked it enough that I
> listened to it a lot during the weekend when I was in my room.
>"Big D 103" has been oldies for the better part of 15 years now.  At one
point, they were Connecticut's hottest top 40 station, but, that's
another story.  They concentrate mainly on the 60's and early 70's,
whereas WODS stays mainly in the do-wop 50's.

>I also heard a station at 1520 playing Adult Standards, but I never heard an ID.  I picked up WTTT in Amherst, 1430, which, for some reason,
signed off at  6:00 PM.  WTTT is a daytimer, but I don't recall that
they ever signed off that early at this time of year.
> Interestingly enough, WCAT (700) in Orange also signs off at 6pm.  If
its an electric bill, maybe they should just turn in the license and
save themselves all that electricity????, <grin>.

1520 is WGAM Greenfield.  Another daytimer which has to protect WWKB
Buffalo.

Steve Sawyer
97.7 WINQ