Re: WBZ / WBZA

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Alexander R Svirsky wrote:

> Of course living in a dorm constructed of steel reinforced concrete
> and filled with students watching their idiot boxes didn't help my cause
> either.  ;-)

When I was out there, TVs weren't a problem.  There was one TV per dorm,
in the rec room or lounge somewhere.  In my freshman year, the dorm didn't
have a TV until a couple of months into the school year.  It wasn't until
my senior year that the rules were changed to allow students to have "a
small TV with a self-contained antenna" in their rooms.  Not that any of
us could afford one back then.

The year after I graduated, the guys on my floor (no coed dorms back then)
got together and bought a second-hand TV for the floor lounge.

When I was out there last week, I stayed in my freshman-year dorm (Gorman)
and noticed a wall jack for cable TV, phone, and a computer connection to
the University computer system.  They tell me that the University now has
its own cable TV system.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/