Re: Wretched interference from WPRX

I wrote:

>WPRX makes WBBR unlistenable within
>about a 15-mile radius of Bristol in the daytime (including places just
>65-70 miles from Central Park). At least part of this area must be in the
>WBBR 0.1mv contour, which I thought was protected from first-adjacent
>interference.

Dan Strassberg wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm pretty sure that a Class A AM's 0.1 mv/m
daytime groundwave contour is protected only from co-channel interference.
The 0.5 mV/m daytime groundwave contour is protected from adjacent-channel
groundwave interference. That means WPRX, on the first adjacent channel,
should not deliver more than 0.25 mV/m daytime groundwave to WBBR's 0.5 mV/m
daytime groundwave contour.

        I dug up the rules and you are correct that's it's 0.5mv protected
on the adjacent channel for Class A. I must have been dreaming--dreaming
that the rules were written the other way because I wish they were, for
those of us who are true believers in clear channel AM broadcasting. Still,
this WPRX / WBBR assignment is one of those that really is unfortunate. I
don't know where the WBBR 0.5mv line is. But if WPRX isn't bumping into
that it's bumping into the 0.4mv or the 0.3 mv--a perfectly listenable
signal if the adjacent channels are not in use.