Re: AM radio is NOT dead!!

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, Sean P. Smyth wrote:

> They have been promoting the simulcast on 1150 pretty actively from
> listening to the station. So, yes indeed, they may get some AM listeners.

Now, why should promoting the simulcast on air get them some AM listeners?
Anyone who can hear the promotion on FM has no reason to listen to the
station on AM, and anyone who hears it on AM has alreay discovered it.
Nope, not good enough.

As we've seen with AM stereo, Beta VCRs, and OS/2, building a better
mousetrap doesn't do you any good unless you market it effectively.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/