Re: Things you can do on AM

In a message dated 97-06-08 06:34:35 EDT, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
(Dan Strassberg) writes:

>My question: What company in its right mind would want to depend for its
>revenues on the kind of morons WRKO is trying to attract with its numbskull
>programming? What kind of products would such a company be selling? About
>the only products that I can believe you could successfully advertise to
>that audience are condoms. Condoms may be a big industry, but I can't
>believe that condom sales represent more than 0.01% of the GDP. If you were
>selling, say, cars, would you want to advertise them to an audience that has
>been carefully screened to include only people in minimum-wage jobs?

It's NUMBERS that count, not the INTELLIGENCE of those numbers.   Remember,
America is obsessed with credit.   A large portion of advertising is
    "For people who don't need it, can't afford it, and will finance it."
    Sadly, that;s how America works.   And everyone in ad agencies and most
radio station are along for the ride,  until someday it all breaks down.

- -----jibguy