Re: "reading service"

Volunteers simply call to say that they would like to read. If they can
read, they are accepted. Also, many of the volunteers are elderly (and VERY
RICH) and have nothing to do with their time, so they read. They are not
very good readers, but the best available.
People think I am a great reader (This is Keith Barry reading on OFF THE
SHELF - catch me every so often reading a book) compared to some of the
others. Just another note - the programming director at the Talking
Information Centres in Marshfield is blind herself and does a wonderful job
- - I didn't even know until she told me (how embarassing!)
Audio quality might be "upped" a bit when the book readers get new cassette
decks (plain old C-90s from Rat Shack are the tapes used). The HD Audio from
360 Systems work great for automation, though.
                Keith Barry