Re: "reading service"

When I heard it, it sounded like the amateur hour. (I heard it as the audio
portion on one of the cable channels which is sometimes used for educational
information, such as town meetings, but mostly scrolls assorted PSAs the
majority of the time...)  What I heard was a person reading the AARP
Bulletin and monthly magazine verbatim, and making lots of mistakes.  Maybe
I caught them on a bad day, or maybe they don't have any funding to train
people or get interesting stuff to broadcast???  I've also heard a reader
reading wire copy, also verbatim and also with lots of pauses and stumbles.