Re: Top o' the hour and BCN-Stern

Doug writes: > Rant mode on:
> Something I can't stand, altough quite a few stations do it...during
> commercial breaks "More [music] in 60 seconds on [insert calls here]" and
> then have another _two minutes_ of commercials before the music returns.
> recently heard this a couple of nights ago on WBCN, but I'm sure they're
not
> the only ones. I'm sure it's not intentional, is it? Annoying, anyway.
> Rant mode off.

I heard one say "...in fifty nine seconds...."  Pull-eze!  Maybe stations
should not try to cram a gazillion spots in one cluster solely to keep
inventory while boasting of a sweep.

Ever hear Stern on BCN?  I caught up to  18 mins one morning (minutes, not
units, probably a few 30" spots in there too.)

On that note, can anyone shed light on how BCN makes a 4 hour Stern show
run almost one hour long?  I hear Imus knocking Stern that he had Marcia
Clark on in the previous half hour.  Flip to BCN and Marcia is coming up in
15 minutes.  I know he starts at six.  So, do they digitally store the
segments while expanding the spot breaks then unleash the back end of the
digital storage unit to air?  How else could that be done?  If there is an
easy answer, be warned, that I WILL feel stupid.  Bill O'Neill