RE: formats that would work on AM

Roger Kirk says:

> Within the last 2 weeks,  BZ reported an accident on 93 in Salem NH with

>heavy traffic.  When I went through, there was ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE of
>any slowdowns anywhere.  Yet they were still reporting slowdowns every 10

>minutes - even after I was on 495 in Tewksbury.

I wonder if this is Shadow's growing pains?  I know that lately, WBZ has
had less accurate traffic reports than stations who deal with Metro, based
on, like Roger, real life experience.  I also know that Shadow in NYC is
generally pretty accurate.  It seems like they have fewer sources to work
with so far than Metro does.

Their delivery is somewhat different, as well.  My wife said they spend an
awful lot of time saying not a heck of a lot...

As for traffic reports in general, I can say as a former AM assistant
producer at Traffic Net in Providence, we did try to keep everything
timely.  A lot depends on whether it's passed live from the traffic service
to the station--many of TNet's affiliates put the report on cart, and we
had no idea how big the lead time was.  You're not going to catch
everything, all the time, but you can certainly try.

Ed  Hennessy