formats that would work on AM

>> What can be done with AM?
>>
>> 1) - Beautiful Music (no FM would even pick that up anymore excepting
>> Florida)

Not neccessarily.....The number of easy listening stations are in the
single digits, and dwindling...I  can think of 2 that have dropped it in
recent weeks: WRLX West Palm Beach (a Fairbanks station, dropped it for
Soft AC), and WAVQ, (switched to a simulcast of a MOYL station in Tampa)

>> 2) - 60's-70's-80's "Middle of the Road" music, the kind HDH & BZ
played in

Bingo....seems someone lost the concept of MOR.

Now, for a suggestion...It seems to me that it hasn't been tried, but
would work effectively (seems to be one of those jackpot formats that
many have looked over)

..traffic news?? Let's face it, when you're looking for a traffic
report, you never seem to find it, and a station that does it 24 hours
makes it easy...It's been tried, but I feel like it's more of a matter
of trying to find the right way to do it.

- --Tony