WBZ-WHDH-WUNR "Sea Coverage"!

> Given the wide coverage of WBZ, why did they decide to be directional,
anyway?
>  I would have thought that a single-tower, non-directional signal,
covering the
> Cape and anyone else, would have been less expensive as well as a
better
> coverage area.  Anyone know why WBZ is directional?

To make the most efficient use of signal....

In effect.  Less signal over the water....More signal over land where
the people are...

There was an old joke amongst WHDH employees....That said that WHDH
stood for "We Have Dead Haddock"....due to the fact that so much of
their signal is over water.

Also, the station with the best "water COverage"<g> is probably WUNR-
1600AM.

5,000 Watts that doesn't seem to go anywhere outside of Boston/Brookline
, except out to sea!