To Stereo or not to Stereo, that is the question..

<<On Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:05:56 -0300, "Paul R Hopfgarten" <hopfgapr@sprynet.com> said:

> There's been some discussion about stereo or not on WBUR for example.
> Well, every pubilc station over 1000 watts seems to broadcast NPR's "All
> Things Considered" and here's what I found

ATC (and other NPR news programming) used to be delivered in mono.
Now it's delivered in stereo.  Some stations either haven't bothered
to change their procedures or prefer to get the extra noise immunity
by keeping it in mono.  You would have noticed, BTW, that 91.9 WUMB-FM
Boston is in stereo, but 91.9 WBPR Worcester is mono.

- -GAWollman

- --