To Stereo or not to Stereo, that is the question..

There's been some discussion about stereo or not on WBUR for example.

Well, every pubilc station over 1000 watts seems to broadcast NPR's "All
Things Considered" and here's what I found

All on Jun 2nd 4-5PM Northern MA/Southern NH

"All Things Considered" in Stereo (according to the indicator on my 1990
Volvo 740 Factory Radio):

88.5 WFCR Amherst MA
90.1 WMEA Portland ME

The following DID NOT broadcast in stereo (the same program):

89.1 WEVO Concord NH
89.5 WVPR Windsor VT (Tropo, don't usually pick up)
89.7 WGBH Boston
90.0 WBUR Boston

Apparently, some stations choose to turn off the "Stereo" for whatever
reason
BTW- WGBH was in stereo for their Classical music

Just an observation......

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH