Re: Clear Signals

At 06:25 PM 5/27/97 +0000, you wrote:

>1150 in Revere, is a very noisy signal on any radio.  A little better in
>the car.  But, I put up with it becasue I liked the programming during the
>WACQ era.

The 1150 signal is poor on the north shore, particularly at night. The night
pattern was originally designed to protect CHSJ, which used to be on 1150,
then moved to 700, and now is about to move to FM (if it hasn't already done
so). According to the FCC AM database, the tall tower on the Lexington
property (the one that used to house the 100.7 FM antenna) is not part of
the AM array, which consists of the three shorter towers in a line. Yet, the
NRC night-pattern book shows a clearly asymmetrical pattern, which is
theoretically impossible from an in-line array. A few years ago, 1150 had a
CP to modify its directional pattern, which had gotten _way_ out of
adjustment. I figured that they had made the tall tower part of the array,
but they did not do so officially unless the database is in error.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205