Re: Clear Signals

At 04:27 AM 5/28/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I was wondering about that, too.  When the 25 mV/m requirement existed,
>did 1150 have a waiver?

I think they must have gotten one, unless the requirement did not exist when
they moved the TX to Lexington (which was either in 1940 or 1947--Donna has
posted the date, but I don't recall whether it was prewar or postwar--my
guess is prewar). If the requirement did not exist when they made the move,
no waiver would have been required because the signal would have been
covered by a grandfather clause. I've always heard these things called
"grandfather clauses" but my father (who was a stickler for such things)
insisted that these were ex post facto clauses--not grandfather clauses.
Counselor, can you tell me which term is correct?

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205