N.H Knight stations (was Re: Garabedian)

At 01:27 PM 5/26/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I didn't know that Garabedian went to Knight after WMEX.  Did he consult
>with the New Hampshire properites, WHEB and WGIR-FM?  (Actually, it was
>probably too early for FM Rock in N.H. at that time.

Very much so.  Neither one went to AOR until the 80s I believe.  'GIR was
first, around 1980, 'HEB was a few years later.

WGIR AM-FM was a real fuddy MOR (almost BM) until the mid 70s, when they
split the AM & FM...the FM was automated soft rock, the AM full service AC.

WHEB was simulcast Top 40 until the switch to AOR around '83 or so, remained
a simulcast for a few more years.  Mid-ish 80s they split, with the AM doing
AC and AOR on the FM, they took the AM dark a few years later.  WHEB-AM was
to the best of my knowledge the only AM stereo in the state.