Re: John Garabedian

>Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 16:40:55 -0400
>To: SteveOrdinetz <steveord@xtdl.com>
>From: "supersport@eb101.com" <supersport@eb101.com>
>Subject: Re: John Garabedian
>
>If I may add my two cents...
>
>I also remember the "album rock" Top 40 wars at WMEX and WRKO.  Finally,
it took 1510 to make the BIG 68 move into playing long-versions of songs
and some lp cuts.  I appreciated hearing them on WRKO, but they never
impressed me with personality until the mid-seventies when Dorman/Rossi
showed 'em how to do it!

>By far, WMEX had the better jocks and creativity.  It was too bad that the
signal just didn't cut it.  I remember going up to Laconia, NH in my
younger days, really pissed that I could barely get WMEX, but did manage to
get RKO during the day.  At night, I would listen to WABC.