Re: John Garabedian

On Sun, 25 May 1997, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> As for a David whupping a Goliath today, my guess is highly unlikely.
> Compare WFNX to WBCN...only the real die-hard alternative rock fans put up
> with FNX's crappy signal.

If I owned WFNX, I'd go to a news format, especially if I also owned a
newspaper.

I suspect the WFNX folks would see their coverage improve dramatically if
they switched to mono.

Frankly, I can't understand why they continue to cling to alternative rock
in the face of WBCN's dominance in that format.

On the other hand, two of our salespeople defected to WFNX last year, so I
guess there must be more money coming into WFNX than its mediocre ratings
would suggest.

Rob Landry
umar@wcrb.com