Max Richmond/ WMEX

If I recall correctly, WMEX was sold to Mariner Communications in late
1977/early 1978.  Then it became (gasp) WITS, which with its persistent
signal problems, we jokingly thought stood for "What Is This Shit"...
Several of the engineers in this group can remember all the RFI problems
WITS had when they moved their xmitter out to-- was it called Waverly Oaks,
or something like that-- it was on the Newton/Waltham line, near a bunch of
homes, all of which suddenly got the station on every appliance they owned,
including their electric blankets, their cordless phones and their vibrators...