Re: Hi all!

> After reading all this, it sounds as though this fellow is unaware that the
> FM band extends down to 88 MHz, since he only commented on things above 92.
> I guess that's his privilege, though.

Actually, I had made some observations in the public service portion of the band but
just forgot to mention them here.

Not really much to say, except for the ever-lengthening ID from WAMC 90.3 Albany.
Before long they'll have to block a 5 minute segment just for legals.

One interesting note, this morning before I went in to work, sitting in the car in
Marlboro, I heard a station on 88.1 playing hard rock... Didn't catch an ID at all but
sounds pirate.  Had a DJ and everything.  Ditto on adjacent freq 88.3.  WFCR 88.5
Amherst comes in very well in Marlboro, had a chance to catch morning edition this
morning.. first time in a while.

While we're on the subject of public radio, I must have missed something in the past few
years, I thought the "Prairie Home Companion" was cancelled years ago, but I heard a
promo for it this morning on WBUR.  Was it resurrected?

By the way, out this way, WCAT AM 700 and FM 99.9 both did indeed ID properly this
morning. (another for the "for what it's worth" comment)

Larry, since I noticed your callsign, if you work 2 meters, I'll meet ya Tuesday morning
on the Waltham repeater 146.64 Mhz.

de Steve KA1SWR