Re: Hi all!

At 03:01 AM 5/22/97 +0000, you wrote:

>As
>for AM 700, well, all I've ever heard there is the Talk America
>mega-legal that never seems to include WCAT.  Maybe weekdays are
>different?  (And with CHSJ moving to FM, I wonder if WCAT can improve
>its signal any...Dan Strassberg, enlighten us!)

I doubt whether WCAT could get night service. I think Athol is too close to
Cincinnati. However, I think that, even with CHSJ on the air, they could
have gotten more than 5 kW-D if they wanted it. I'm still surprised by the
application for 720 in Hanover NH. I thought WGN's 0.5 mV/m 50% skywave
controur fell well to the east of Hanover (but west of Boston). Cincinnati
is several hundred miles closer than Chicago to Athol.

As for the TalkAmerica mega-legal, I haven't noticed WCAT in that, but Athol
is almost always in the mega local weather that the news network inserts
once and maybe twice an hour.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205