Re: Hi all!

The talk wound around to:

> >WCAT-AM 700 is another regurgitated broadcast of the "TalkAmerica Radio
> Network".
> >Question: does anyone really listen to that, or is it a good way to create
> a tax write
> >off? ...
>
> Hmmm. Just what I was thinking. Speaking of call letters, I haven't heard a
> legal ID, or any mention of call letters period, on WCAT-FM in about five
> years...come to think of it, I don't think I EVER have!

I have...sort of.  Somewhere in one of these boxes behind me is
an aircheck of WCAT-FM circa 1995, in which they say (very VERY
quickly) "WCAT Athol Gardner."  The first seven or eight times I
listened to the tape, I thought they were saying "WCAT-FM Gardner."
Either way it's not quite legal, of course.  I taped 'em again this
past weekend (you can just barely pick them up at the westbound
Pike rest stop between Westfield and Lee), but heard no legal.  As
for AM 700, well, all I've ever heard there is the Talk America
mega-legal that never seems to include WCAT.  Maybe weekdays are
different?  (And with CHSJ moving to FM, I wonder if WCAT can improve
its signal any...Dan Strassberg, enlighten us!)

- -scott, still trying to understand why the oldies station here
in town (a full class B FM!) is all satellite outside of AM drive...