RE: payola, 1960

Joe Ross wrote:
>Boston-area DJs who got in trouble were from WBZ.  Since I listened mostly
>to WCOP in those days, that may be why I heard about it.  Many of us

I think the stations who didn't cover it were the ones who had a d.j. in
trouble.  Nobody from WCOP was implicated, as I recall... But it certainly
became the butt of jokes and a number of TV comedians did skits about it--
that much I do recall...  But ABC, which was making huge bucks from Dick
Clark, did not mention (as I recall) his being asked to testify, and the
entire thing was downplayed greatly...