Re: arcane trivia, part 1

Steve wrote:

>Maybe it was all he [Arnie Ginsburg] could afford...I doubt even with
payola he made all that >much in those days.  Where was he from originally?
Maybe it was his hometown or something.

Nope, Arnie was not from Sanford, a town with, as far as I know, no Jewish
population (I used to consult WSME in the early 80s.  Lots of people did...)
And yes he even got the short end of the payola stick-- he and Bob Clayton
received a total of $400 each in what was termed "Christmas presents".
Otoh, Dave Maynard got a car and weekly payments, Norm Prescott got about
$10,000 if my memory serves me, etc etc.  It was rather amusing reading some
of the sworn testimony where certain d.j.'s said they had no idea receiving
weekly checks from record companies was a problem... sigh...